I decided that I’m going to post summaries and links to articles that I find interesting. This post will be the first of its kind on my blog…
According to latest research it tuns out that people who live longer are: (This is statistically speaking so there are obviously exceptions to these cases)
- Prudent (meaning: acting with or showing care and thought for the future) and persistent (meaning: continuing firmly in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition).
- Married (applies to men not woman).
- Involved and committed to their jobs.
- Started 1st grade after age 6.
- Involved with, and, helping others.
- Not the most cheerful and do not have the best sense of humor.
“It’s surprising just how often common assumptions – by both scientists and the media – are wrong,” – Howard S. Friedman (professor of psychology who led the 20-year study)
- The original article from the University of California: http://newsroom.ucr.edu/news_item.html?action=page&id=2573
- Summary of the article from Science Daily: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/03/110311153541.htm